Xolair and its side effects

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi there, I if Anyone is currently taking xolair and if so are you experiencing any serious side effects. My first dose e 300 milligrams. Side effeccts were terrible ! Ask doctor to give me two monthly doses. Instead so my body could get h to them. I get anxiety and heavy chest with them . I even got a semi swollen face second injection. I questionibg if i should still peruse.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Nancy582;  I didn't have any adverse side effects with my first set of injections.  I just had my second set of injections this morning.  I did get a little light headed for a few minutes right after the injections, but it is worth it to me if they help!  I didn't see any real change after the first use, but my doctor wants us to try for a few months before we make a definitive decision about them.  Like all of the steroids and medications I've been on for 5 months now, some are better than others and I can handle some side effect if they prevent bad break outs.  Bi-monthly injections are not an option with my doctors, but guess it's worth asking the question for you.  Best blessings to you!  

• Posted

Hi Meemaw29, the manufacturer of Xolair indicates that it is safe to recieve a one-time only early injection given 2 weeks after the previous injection; it's done specifically for severe or worsening hives. I've had 6 injections to date since 9/30/17.

• Posted

Very good to hear! I hope this works out for you. I'm on the same journey. Best wishes for a positive outcome!

• Posted

Hello Nancy58200,

I meant to get back to you earlier in the month about this. I have had 6 Xolair injections and the only "side effect" that I noticed is a brief worsening of hives in the days immediately post-injection. I have not had a severe or adverse drug reaction, which are reportable.

• Posted

That's awesome! I started the medication. My have have been terrible this year! I have had a few side effects first couple injections, but after the first week the hives seem to be less severe. I would love to be give free for the future to. Thank you for your reply! Best wishes!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.