Xray showed a Enlarged Heart

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello Everyone.

I was told by my GP yesterday that I may have Heart Failure due to the results from my xray showing I have a enlarged heart. She sent me today to have a load of blood tests one being the BNP,NT-pro. I am really scared as my sister died of a heart attack last November without warning. But I am really annoyed has she had the results from the xray since the 1/4/15 and I only could find out on the 16/4/15..Has anybody found out this way before and what is the prognosis I get everyone is different. But in general.

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I was told I had an enlarged heart a few years ago after an X Ray.  I was put on frusemide to ensure fluid didn't gather round heart.  I recently also discovered I have atrial fibralation so I am now on warfarin.  Reading your post made me think of questions I should maybe asking
    • Posted

Another good thing to do is to record the consultation on your mobile phone. They are quite used to patients doing that now.You remember and he cannot later deny anything that he said or forgt to say.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.