Posted , 8 users are following.

Does anybody know if the Samaritans have a free phone number ? X

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Next
  • Posted

For a mobile not a home phone x
  • Posted

Hi Dondons no have see Bob give all the information about Samaritans but I'm not sure about a cell phone. Diane

• Posted

Hi dondon's its 116123I use it all the time from my mobile. Hope you are ok.

Tina x

• Posted

116123 bloody ipad thing.
    • Posted

I don't understand why, does your mobile have any restrictions on it or your contract it is s free phone number? Not that I would know how or where to check. I've spoken to them yet again this afternoon no problem. I hope you managed to get through and are OK. Take care xx

• Posted

That’s the number I usually use but kept trying last night and didn’t work. My mobile is currently cut off from out going calls but as it’s free it should still work shouldn’t it? 

Thank you for your concerns. Things just really tough lately.

Hope everyone is doing ok xxx

• Posted

Hi Dondons

I have had this issue many a time. My contract phone is normally cut off as I can't afford the bill and it does not ever let you phone free numbers which is frustrating ..

I even emailed them to tell them but unfortunately it still doea not work if my mobile is cut off. I often email Samaritans which is not ideal if you are in crisis as they can take up to 12 hours for a reply. But as I don't have a land line this is often only option I have

I wish you well

Lisa x

• Posted

That must be why then. Me too, often late with my bill but never realised couldn’t still phone freephone numbers, I have no landline either xx 
  • Posted

Why can’t there be numbers you can call anytime like emergency services just someone to talk to 
  • Posted

Life is so horrible! Wish someone would kill me as it’s proven harder to kill myself I hate living In this world there has to be something else 
  • Posted

Dondons I am so very sorry that you are hurting so much. Can you look on the forum and find out how to talk to the Samaritans? I know they have a number Monday -Friday that you call to talk to someone and maybe even a nurse. So sad to see you suffering so much. Hang in there. Are you on antidepressants? Diane
  • Posted

Hi Dondons

Depression truly is awful. I'm so sorry you are struggling. I have a bit of an idea how depression feels having been suicidal just a few weeks ago myself.

Are you in the UK? Could you call nhs 24 .. or if still no phone access then maybe go down to a&e. I know it's not easy to do. But you deserve a chance.

I'm thinking of you

Lisa x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.