Posted , 6 users are following.
If you don't feel like reading through my prior posts... I've had hives for 4 months. Every. Single. Day. Giant welts. Here's what I've tried that didn't work:
- DAO Supplement to take histamines out of food.
- Low Histamine diet
- Watercress Supplements
- Probiotics / Digestive Enzymes
- Food elimination and re-introduction
- Benadryl, benadryl and more benadryl
- Counseling (Stress)
- Traveling a lot (in and out of high pollen areas)
- Anti-Inflammatory supplements/diet
I went to the ENT on Monday. He told me to stop all of that with a very good point... Why am I doing all this when there's no change? Well, because I'm an action oriented person and want to try everything.
He prescribe me Pepcid AC and Xyzal. Both of which you can get over the counter. Xyzal is a non-drowsy antihistamine. They have no idea why but the combo of these two is particularly effective with CHRONIC uticaria.
Not sure what to think at this point, but I started taking them at 1pm on Monday. It's not 11am on Wednesday and I have not had one hive since Monday at 2pm.
0 likes, 7 replies