Yahay!

Posted , 8 users are following.

Woke up after a bad night. This text message was waiting for me:-

'We've decided you qualify for PIP. We will send you a letter etc. We will pay your first PIP payment within 2 weeks etc...'

What my carer wants to know is can they now put in to renew their claim that was stopped?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

They can when you receive the decision notice. If you put it in too early and the decision does not appear on their computer system it will be refused.
  • Posted

You should be applicable to carers credit / severe disability premium for the time you did not have a carer / someone claiming for you

• Posted

Nice one, so far so good. But wait for the letter before pulling party poppers. I had same text message, waited a fortnight, no letter. Rang them up and was told the message must have been sent in error and my tribunal date was so close, so was told to wait for that. Hope your"s is genuine.

• Posted

Got my letter today which included first PIP standard rate payment. It was backdated to when the DLA was stopped. My carer put in for carers allowance immediately. This was extremely easy to do online.

The award is for 18 months with a day to day score of 8 and mobility score of 4.

There were still plenty of imaginary comments from the assessor but I won't rock any boats for now.

• Posted

Brilliant,  I'm really pleased for you.  I hope all goes well with the carers allowance. x

• Posted

Hi Imustimust

I am so pleased for you its stressing waiting for a reply I have just phoned I got a letter last week so thought I will phone their said I could take up to six weeks if iam not stressed doing my head in

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.