Yasmin for acne

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi guys,

So I've suffered with acne since I've been about 13/14 (currently 18) and have been on tons of different antibiotics and used tons of creams etc. Last year I went on dianette and although it cleared up my acne after about 3 months, I had to come off it due to side effects. I was wondering if I tried Yasmin it would be any different? Anyone had luck with this pill? 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi lucy, My son is due to see durmatologist after a 2 yr wait.  he too has suffered since around 15 and is now 18. His acne has got a lot worse while waiting for the appt to come through sad Dont know what treatment they will give,but what side effects did you get on the meds. Hes worried about having to take more tabs. But the ones he was taking plus creams have not helped at all.  sx
    • Posted

just looked up your meds, and looks as if it only given to woman?
  • Posted

The conventional methods of treatment should be for hormonal acne, herbal remedies may also offer relief. Always talk to your doctor before trying herbal remedies to treat any condition.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.