Yaz birth control. Question about four day white pills and withdrawal bleeding

Posted , 1 user is following.

I take a generic form of Yaz called Loryna.

I was under the impression that if I was still on my period I could start a new pack a couple days late. I recently found out this is wrong and that the beginning days are actually the most important.

I skipped the first two days (wed, thurs) I was supposed to take it and began taking it normally the next day (Friday). On Sunday I was informed of my mistake. Fortunately, I didn’t have unprotected sex since the skipped pills however I did have unprotected sex 4 days before the missed pills. I have been looking into this and since sperm can live inside for 5 days I’m freaking out (even tho he did pull out everyone knows that hardly ever works).

I read on some forum that since Yaz only has 4 sugar pills instead of seven it’s okay if you take a seven day break. I can’t find that info anywhere else. If anyone can definitively confirm on dent this that would be great.

Additionally, any advice is welcomed. Plan B is not an option because it’s been over a week since I had I had sex.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.