Year after having UFE

Posted , 9 users are following.

Wanted to know from anyone who had a UFE and after a year display you ever experience any cramping or same type of discharge of tissues from the shrinkage. It's been a year to date of my procedure. Recently started having cramping and discharge with shedding tissues again like I was passing game after the procedure. Can someone share there experience after a 8 months to 1year after UFE.

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Teliza, I just read your post. I had my surgery 10/10/2017, and I continued with my periods, however, they have shorten to 2.5 days. I checked my home mine levels, and it seems like I'm premenopausal 

Also, as far any discharge, that was only for the first two weeks. I'm going on 11 months and I have no other symptoms.  The only bad news is that I'm 43, and I think the procedure put as premenopausal, since I had my levels checked before the procedure, and they are differ from my current ones.

• Posted

So pleased i found this discussion. I had UFE Sep 16. with a good recovery and no periods for 12 months. Prior to procedure i was given prostrap for 6 months which stopped my periods. I had some menopausal symtoms. August 17 i had a period and now experiencing cramps and some irregular period. My GP suggest i am menopausal now awaiting to see my gyneo consultant. Reading your experience has convinced me i am not going mad. I thought i was alone. How are you doing now?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.