Years and years feeling unwell then this result.....

Posted , 5 users are following.

well for 5 years or so I've had constant stomach/ bowl issues. ive had all sorts of tests done, full blood work, xray, endoscopey, ultrasound, breath test. but the docs shrugged my symptoms off saying its acid reflux anx gave me meds for it, which didnt help so went back as I really wasnt myself and fed up feeling sick everyday, feeling like I was coming down with some flu or virus, and all sorts of tummy problems. they decided to do a stool test just incase and 3 weeks later it came back positive. not sure what for, the doctor said their must be some sort of inflammation in my bowl somewhere. could this have been the problem all along that is causing my horrible symptoms????? anyone else had this and what was their outcome?? I'm worried its cancer or something 😦 😦

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

positive for what? parasites? helycobacter?

dont think the worst

• Posted

they didnt say, they said It came back with positive for inflammation of some sort, maybe in my bowel.

the doctor doesnt think its colitis or crohn's or anything as I dont have blood or mucus in stool and do not have bathroom emergencies/ urgencies, my symptoms is mostly in my tummy which I find is strange, why it showed something in my stool and not in my blood tests ect.

• Posted

check diverticulosis.. or diverticulitis... they are conditions that may cause what you describing...they are fairly common...one is worse then other...

i do not think it would be cancer...doc would defo pull you on that....

• Posted

For some sufferings there is no known cure. If you think you might have cancer a CT scan may confirm.

• Posted

What stool tests did they do? Fecal calprotectin, h pylori or both? If it was H pylori, have they given you antibiotics? Your doctor would have told you what tests were done ,which one came back positive and would have explained your diagnosis and treatment. If you are unsure, go back to your doctor and ask for results to be explained to you.

• Posted

the doctor should have told you what came out positive or you should ask him/her. probably nothing serious or else would have told you. i think your problem is gastric and acid reflux which at times triggers your bowel activity. watch your diet and food intake. i don't think anything serious. try supplement i.e nuvapine or carbon pills.

• Posted

I'm just waiting for my doctor to get back in touch and to give me her thoughts on what should be done next, maybe a colonoscopy!

• Posted

the longer you wait the less serious condition you may have... as there is a priority "Q". just my 2c

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.