Years of acne, please help

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've had acne for about 8 years. Over time, I've been able to eliminate most of my acne with a combination of skincare and diet, but I still get bad breakouts on and around my chin and mouth. The rest of my skin is healthy, so I know the issue is not cleansing. I believe the breakouts are likely hormonal, because they flare up the worst the week before my period every month. I've tried four different types/brands of oral contraceptives to regulate this, and each one has been highly effective for three months. On the third month with each birth control, it's like my body adjusts its hormone levels again and the birth control stops having any effect: my breakouts return, and my period lasts longer than it's meant to on the contraceptive. I've tried prescription topical creams, home remedies, everything. If anyone has experienced something like this, or has any ideas on how to address this, please help!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Have you tried skin cream with retinol in it?.Also dont eat chocolate. Both of these tips I have found helpful.

• Posted

Hi there! I've also had trouble with acnee until a couple of month ago a friend introduced me some vegan capsules with omega derived from plants . I can tell that it really helped me as after I gave birth my skin been out of control . But of course it's also depends of your diet and hydration

• Posted

Its a bad problem this has had a bad reflection on my life.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.