YEAST

Posted , 4 users are following.

HI EVERYONE,I HAVE BEEN HANDLING MY BLEPH PRETTY WELL wink BUT I HEARD PPL SAY IT CAN BE CAUSED BY YEAST AND I USED A PEROXIDE TOOTH PASTE AND IT CAUSED MRE TO GET A SMALL CASE OF THRUSH,YEAST IN MOUTH,NEVER HAD THAT HAPPENED BEFORE,WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS EXPERIANCED THAT? IF SO COULD IT BE THAT YEAST IS THE FACTOR AND ANY SLIGHT UPSET IN THE FLORA CAN CAUSE IT SINCE GETTING BLEPH? ANY THOUGHTS? TAKE CARE FRIENDS ,LOVE YOU GUYS ON HERE ,THANK YOU

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi i hope not,we just got peroxide toothpaste. I thought peroxide was supposed to kill germs,didnt think it would be a bad thing.Xx
    • Posted

my doctor just said it alters the flora in your mouth and can allow yeast to grow ,kinda like down stairs,lol if you know what i mean...lol
    • Posted

Well i just thought of something,have you been taking an antibotic? Im going to probably be soon for mgd/bleph. Antibiotics can caus yeast issues.if you take an antibiotic consider takeing a probiotic so it doesnt affect the good flora in your system.
    • Posted

Penicillin always gave me thrush. Now I take a probiotic and lactoferrin daily. And no thrush but bleph

• Posted

Peroxide is a chemical so upsets the natural bacteria in the mouth - that's why it causes thrush if used too often. A bit like over-use of antibiotics - they're great at killing the bad bacteria but also kill the good stuff that keeps us healthy. I have heard that blepharitis can be caused by candida & did read somewhere that swabs have shown the presence of malassezia furfur in the eyes of people with blepharitis.
  • Posted

I have had bleph for 2 years and previously had problems with thrush . Are you saying they could be  connected?
    • Posted

i dont know,all i know is i got thrush from a toothpaste that had whitening agent,peroxide in it,so guessing since i never had thrush before until i got bleph,just wondering and what was your treatment for your thrush? its weird i have burning and whitness on tongue but no where else in mouth,thought it was all over mouth,are you on steriods or antibiotics as well? thanks sus28
    • Posted

Honestly have never heard of a toothpaste causing this. Seams more diet related. Will have to google this one. would think sugar,acidic foods,meds would be a more likely culprit.
    • Posted

I found the chapter 12 in a book by Ron gellately very informative about thrush.

its called the key to eternal youth and vitality.

• Posted

I looked this up,said many times sorbetal(spelling?) in toothpaste causes issues like this. Many people use hydrogen peroxide as a mouthwash.
    • Posted

nope it happens. When you use anything that alters your balance of bacteria,peroxide or whitening agents it can cause an upset in your flora,the bacteria in your mouth allowing yeast to grow and ,here you go........thrush,urggg diet contributes but i dont eat sugary things so,mine just was a change in bacteria that allowed yeast to grow...;( some ppl are fine with whitening toothpaste and peroxide,me ,not so much,lol wink
  • Posted

If your menopaus age you are alsouc more apt to get yeast problems. Hormones.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.