Yeast and M.E

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey guys an girls

Was talking to someone the other day about my illness and for a change she was keen to listen to me, she commented on that she'd heard yeast was not good for ppl with M.E, aparently it affects the bottom part of the brain were the spinal cord joins, causing it to swell ??

Well it got me thinking that she might have something there, not that i eat much bread but now thinking about it i do feel ill after eating bread, and guess whats in alchahol ?? yeast !!

Gotta say its not proven in any way that yeast affects M.E sufferers but you gotta think theres something there

Hope your all ok

Jay xox

P.S My insomnia has gotta hold of me again !! Hence its 4;20 am

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Dear Jay, you might have something there. Yeast is responsible for Candida, and imbalance of which can cause ME symptoms to flare up.

Yeast is also in cheese and any fungus like mushrooms - and don't forget Marmite, that's yeast extract. :roll:

• Posted

Hi there Jay

Yes, a great deal more research needs to be done in this area. Did you read any of the article that Matt posted the other day re. fungus causing ME symptoms. There has to be a link somewhere or other.

It's just so frustrating that the medics seem to be so vague about the whole thing.

I've been getting the most awful electric shocks again today - I suppose it it due to the weather. But no one else in the family gets them - I am literally sent reeling and then the most awful expletives emerge from my mouth before I have even realised :shock:

Take care everyone

Katie xsmile

• Posted

Just wondered why katie.k. appears automatically under my postings. No one else seems to have their name under theres. Perhaps it's just to remind me who I am! :?
  • Posted

or perhaps just cause your special katie

might be cause you've posted loads ??

only things i can think off

• Posted

Well Jay has got *hugs Jay* at the bottom of his. Perhaps he can explain how he got it there Katie?
  • Posted

oooer I've just noticed he hasn't in this thread but he has in another one. Weird, or am I seeing things :roll:
  • Posted

Katie

You have put katie.k in your signature block, that is why it keeps appearing smile .

If you wish to change it, go into your My Space, Edit My Profile alongside your username and you can edit your signature from there.

Lin

• Posted

Oh, thanks for the explanation Lin - so now I know. :lol:

I think I will stick to what Jay has suggested though - that's really sweet :oops:

• Posted

Oh thank you for the info, I am going to go and make a signature now :D
  • Posted

Well that didn't work sad

And yes, I did check 'always add my signature'. :roll:

• Posted

Oooops!!!!! :oops: (Alicia thinks it's best to quit whilst ahead and stop making a fool of herself :oops: )
  • Posted

Alicia ~ your signature is there at the bottom of your postings

Lin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.