Yeast, BV or Herpes?

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hello,

a month ago i went to an OBGYN because I thought I saw a blister and I had some burning during urination. I was diagnosed with BV and given a course of Flagyl after which i felt great for about a week. she did a full STD test and all came back negative. She said she could not see a blister.

Now I feel like I have it again or possibly a yeast infection. I went to look and found the small bubble like thing I circled on the outside of the vagina. Does it look like herpes or yeast or BV or something else entirely? thank you!

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

metronidiazole is known for causing vaginal thrush and yeast infections after using it

• Posted

thanks! they gave me one diflucan pill to take after the flagyl to prevent a yeast infection. im just concerned that anything there looks like herpes.

• Posted

Herpes hurts, you most likely have a fever and bumps multiply within days.

• Posted

thanks! i did not realize it would cause a fever. i have been sick since saturday with what i presume is a cold. Some fever, chills, tickly throat, dizziness, body aches. nothing in the picture hurts though.

• Posted

And when I went to the doctor I asked her to check me for herpes she said I didn't have it because if u did it hurt so bad that u won't be able to sit down and she showed me pictures of what it looks like I was glad I don't have that it's like HIV aids and herpes is rising and the young youth is passing it out those types of diseases we got to be careful for because with BV it is said that u can get that to if it's exposed

• Posted

Did you receive a diagnosis for these blisters yet? I have the same thing (BV diagnosis, currently on day 2 of Flaygl) along with some body aches like a cold and exactly two tiny blisters, same location

please, lmk

• Posted

Thats the same day i have my next appt - monday. We'll keep each other posted. Hope the flu has passed

• Posted

im 20 , it looks normal to me ...but does is that wat the vagina opening is supposed to look like ...im concernex that i have hpv and cant find decent pics on google to see the inside of a vaginal wall

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.