Yeast infection

Posted , 6 users are following.

Has anyone had trouble with monthly reoccurring yeast infection just before period

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Over many years I battled yeast infections. Most were due to taking antibiotics which kill all the good bacteria in the gut. When antibiotics are prescribed I always was also prescribed diflucan and eat lots of yogurt and take probiotics.
  • Posted

Hey sue

i have done a chat on this. Please please please stop eating all yeast. Look at all ingredients of shop brought food, yeast is in most breads, some crackers, ketchup, mayonnaise, stock cubes and processed food...... have probiotics and prebotics everyday for at least 6 months and plenty of full fat Greek yogurt everyday ( the fat protects the friendly bacteria from stomach acid )

good luck, it will be worth it, it will also reduce your LS symptoms.

• Posted

Not a yeast infection but it's like I dry up right before my period and get very itchy.

• Posted

This is my experience, too.  I can actually tell when I'm going to get my period because for about a week or so beforehand my LS starts flaring up.  I can tell it's not a yeast infection because no discharge.  It's just lots of itchiness and irritation.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.