Yeast infection

Posted , 5 users are following.

Does anyone suffer from yeast infections since perimenopause I haven't had one since 1996 but nurse practitioner called yesterday said I had one ugh

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Pamela... Yes This is the case for me. I have gotten infection in my mouth and down below... It's due to low immune system and changes in vagina also... Oh the joys. CK

• Posted

Thanks I do have a low immune system as I have autoimmune disease,I was on high dosages of prednisone and antibiotics but not recently. Maybe that through it out of wack and created one is it possible for one to show up months after antibiotics and steroid use?
  • Posted

I’ve had them all my life along with bladder infections and it makes sense that I now have been tested positive with a sugar allergy.  I’ve also chronic bladder infections. The yeast and bladder infections diminished when I tested positive for gluten and sugar allergy and changed my diet. I was at a crisis point and was so done with dealing with it all.  It’s a genetic issue as my mom and daughters have had it chronically, also. I started on a mission of finding a cure when prescribed levaquin for a severe bladder infection and it caused a host of awful side effects including tendon and muscle pain that almost paralyzed my arm with pain.  I feel like the lining of my organs just as bladder and intestines are damaged and easily inflamnmed with outside invaders.  Google  Cystitis and  Aleo Vera, D-Mannose, UVA-Ursi are a few of the natural items that have helped me. I coconut oil for years and it seems to help.  Drinking baking soda in water flushes our the toxins and brings the ph vaginal environment.  All of these steps have been essential in keeping my yeast and bladder infections at bay.  There are also herb blends with numerous herbs that are helpful. It seems for me that not one option alone was the answer but all of the mentioned was key.   I take Probiotics every day but they don’t work by themselves.  

It’s so sad  my daughter's, my mom and  I took all those antibiotics for years when there are other remedies that are much better for the body. 

• Posted

Yes, feels like I am frequently having irritation. Itching, soreness, sometimes redness, chaffing like feelings. Sometimes, looks completely normal yet still have those symptoms. Sucks. Have even asked hubby to rub anti-fungals on himself to see if it is being caused from sex. Makes me not want to have sex either, bc it seems to make it worse. Have a jillion different creams I keep on hand to try to help. Tried some borax vaginal suppositories, which seemed to help.

Sometimes it helps to sit in a bath with epsom salts in it. No fragrances, just plain epsom salt.

• Posted

It's annoying I'll try the Epson salt bath thanks for replying

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.