yeast infection and bacteria in urine presistant...

Posted , 2 users are following.

Ok, so I got a yeast infection shortly aftwe getting with my new boyfriend we had a lot of unprotected sex. At first neither him nor I knew what was wrong because I had never had any vaginal problems before then. And I knew I was clean coming into the relationship due to my last partner and I not having sex for over a month before hsnd, and the fact that out of curiosity I got myself screened for everything before during a refill for birth control and that ca me back all good too. We set up an appointment the dr. Looked at my vagina and asked about my symptoms she said I had yeast, she gave me a single dose pill. I took it and used some monistat cream as well. Which I will never ever use the monistat again cause it burned and made itching worse. The dr. Didnt give my man anything and low and behold two weeks later it reared up again bad I don't think it was fully gone the first time though. She gave me a 14 prescription this time again nothing to my man and it felt like it really worked this time but then again shortry after it came back.  I had some bad burning this time with it too though. She tested my urine for bacteria and she said tge theternal was a little so she prescribed me an antibiotic called nitrofurantoin monohydrate and it seemed to help very little and to yeast pills ( cause using only one worked the first time...) and finally my partner some. I feel like I have wasted all my money and time because things are not fixed I'm still showing signs of both yeast and bacterial. Is this really wh as ta wrong? Could it be something else? Couled my partner maybe have been carrying chlamydia and not have known? I don't see what else it could be. I'm embarrassed enough about it all and really hope it's just super stubborn bacteria and yeast. Any ideas? I plan to go to a vagina dr. After I'm done with my antibiotics to try and get things straight cause its just going to cost me more to have to keep going back to the dr.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi there. Mine is down to allergies but like you I got checked out for infection. Try getting it and being allergic to the cure which is where I am right now.

Here's one for you... I was allergic to the sperm of a partner. It burns and causes bacterial vaginosis. There's a ph balancing gel I'm currently trying. It helps BV. But if you're allergic to his sperm there's only one solution. Condom!! If you keep getting infected then it may be a solution. In the meantime don't you think he should be checked out too for sti's? 

• Posted

Yes I think once I'm done with my medicine I'm going to go to a gynecologist and have them do some acactual tests on me and see if they can look at my partner as well. It was very frustrating that the regular dr. Didnt do much about questioning my partner or doing any actual tests... i might try the pH thing and see if that helps any, im not sure I'll be able to use it or not since the monistat irritated me so much that might too. And I considered the possibility of being allergic to my partners sperm, but wouldn't I have had a reaction with past partners too then? I've only had sex with a total of 3 people and that includes my current partner, he tells me he has been with 6 different people. So that's why I thought well maybe the drugs to cure yeast is just burying the real issue maybe it's chlamydia or something and he had it and didn't realize he had it. Which even though it's curable I hope isn't the case cause that's even more embarrassing and he's the type of guy who would deny it originated from him, even though I know for a fact it couldn't have been from me... i guess I'll find something out when I go to the gynecologist rolleyes wish me luck. I'm also going to try a no yeast diet to see if that helps...i just want this nightmare to be over and my vagina back to normal.
    • Posted

Hi there 

It is strange but I'm nearly 50 and had more than 3 partners over time. In my early years  met someone who I was so allergic to it burnt me really badly. Thankfully I was married for 25 hrs with no problems. Since divorce I met someone who I dated for a few months and had same problem as you. Every time we spent a weekend together I got really sore and thrush. I'm sure it's a milder allergic reaction to his sperm as not had issues any other time and it's after we've spent time together. I'm now in a situation I can't get rid of the thrush as allergic to canistan. Frustrating as one little pill can solve it. I never suffer from thrush normally. Had it about 3 times in my life. I can't imagine sti symptoms would disappear then come back like that. It's easy to get yourself re tested though. I got tested and was fine. Allergies are a strange thing. I can reassure you it can be a one off with a specific partner. My daughters friend was badly allergic to her partners sperm. Changed partner and totally fine, so another example for you. If you are I can understand the burning. The gel is natural so shouldn't cause you any problems. It's just s ph neutraliser. I'm allergic to lots of things down there. I'll let you know how I get on with it. Try not to worry. There will be an answer. If you have a swab done they can tell you for sure what the issue is and fix it. X

• Posted

Thanks and please do let me know how that goes for you. I might try that gel stuff and see if it helps any, just got more medicine from the dr. But still might go in for tests after I take it just to be sure.
  • Posted

Hi there. Mine is down to allergies but like you I got checked out for infection. Try getting it and being allergic to the cure which is where I am right now.

Here's one for you... I was allergic to the sperm of a partner. It burns and causes bacterial vaginosis. There's a ph balancing gel I'm currently trying. It helps BV. But if you're allergic to his sperm there's only one solution. Condom!! If you keep getting infected then it may be a solution. In the meantime don't you think he should be checked out too for sti's? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.