Yeast infection blisters or herpes?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I’ve had a yeast infection for 3 weeks now. It’s been extremely painful, itchy, and uncomfortable. I took 3 rounds diflucan every other day and it did not work. A different doctor prescribed me 5 more rounds and currently doing that, however I can’t tell if it’s working or not because I have these very very painful and itchy blisters in my labia. I was itching my vagina like crazy these past 3 weeks, to a point where I started bleeding and having cuts around my clitoris. It was just so painful and the cuts made it even more painful. I don’t know if these blisters are from my constant itching and scratching, or if they are herpes…. I practice safe sex but I also know it can be dormant. What do these look like to you? It’s 4am and I’ve been up all night so worried. I’ve been trying to compare them to other people’s herpes sores but I don’t see a similarity and also they don’t look like sores just really flat irritated blisters, like the skin isn’t even opened. Just ruffled looking. Please give me some advice, are these kind of blisters normal with yeast infections?? I’ve seen on reddit a lot of people get them too, but also seen a few where it turned out to be HSV 😦 What does it look like to you? I have about 4 of these flat “blisters” on my inner labia. This was the only one I could even really see bc they are so flat and blend in. But I certainly feel a raised bump over the other 3. Also the blood/red tint you see is from my period.image

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

It doesn't really look like anything besides a pimple. Did you get it checked out?

• Posted

Could be HPV. Doesnt really look like a blister and herpes blisters pop quick. I would expect to see a scab or ulcer if it was herpes. There might be something else causing you to itch. I do notice what appears to be discolored skin around your labia that looks a bit thin. It almost looks like Lichen Sclerosus but i'm not sure. Do you ever have pain in your clit, or any fusing around your clit?

As far as the bumps go you'll need a full STD screen for a proper diagnosis.

• Edited

Did your doctor do a test to confirm you had a yeast infection, or suspect one and treat you for it?

I'd say it could just be a pimple too, and coincidence that you have that at the same time as whatever else is going on that's causing your itching (yeast or not), but since you seem to be having multiple of the bumps, can't be sure.

Also, if your yeast infection isn't getting better with any treatment, maybe that's not what is causing your symptoms now even if you did have one at first. I've experienced severe itching, pain and discomfort that I thought was some kind of infection more than once and turned out to be irritation from too much friction with too little moisture a few times during sex. Crazy how much it can inflame and irritate the skin at times.

I can say that I've not had blisters with yeast infections that I remember.

I also wonder if it could be some kind of skin reaction/sensitivity to a product you're using, maybe a different soap or skincare product that's changed when this started?

Either way, it's best to just go get tested so that you can get a confirmed diagnosis and then proper treatment. Hopefully your doctor indeed does do testing and not just try and give you something for what they're not sure of. I don't think it would take long to get results.

Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.