Yeast Infection? BV??? No insurance, not sure what to do PIC

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi, I had some itching and white discharge a few days after sex figured it was a yeast infection i took monistat3 and the itching is gone but the discharge is still here. I have started eating yogurt, taking AZO and soaking a tampon in tea tree oil and coconut oil for the past 3 days. There is a very slight odor and no itching or pain during urination. Does anyone have any advice on what else to do? Or how much longer to keep doing the tea tree oil? I have no insurance and its almost $200 for a gyno visit. Thank you! image

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

could be chlamydia /or bacterial vaganosis

• Posted

bv usually has the distint smell of fish to it

• Posted

ideally u should have swabs done to confirm it is bv depending on were u are some pharmacies sell home testing kits for bv yeast usually causes a thick clumpy discharge that looks like cottage cheese yours looks thin an milky bv and chlamydia can both cause that kind of discharge bv usually stinks if u have a fish smell then its most likely bv and u can buy pessaries /gels from chemist and antibiotics from doctor both chlamydia and bv can occur after sex only bv is not considered an std and is due to change in vaginal ph

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.