yeast infection from antibiotics...

Posted , 3 users are following.

21/female I have a yeast infection currently and recently my urethra has started to become hurting itchy painful and I noticed a small white string discharge coming from my urethra! I have to wait for the gyno on thursday. Is it possible i transferred the yeast to my urethra? Is there anything I can do?

2 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

The drug stores carry monostat every cream for yeast infection and also offer extra strength . It is what the doctor waould write a script for and now in the last few years monostat creamm or suppositories are over the counter. Next time you need antibiotics ack for diflucan one pill to take with first antibiotic will stop the yeast in your gut from taking over and prevent yeast infection. Bummer! 

good Luck.👍

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.