Yeast infection from shaving down there

Posted , 3 users are following.

This is the first time I write here. I'm now 32 years old. I began shaving everything down there a few days ago and I’m currently facing with symptoms that resemble vaginal yeast infections. My shaved area becomes reddish, dry and itchy. I discharge excessively and feel so uncomfortable, especially the foul smell. I haven't had this before. I don't have any medical conditions and don't use any special drugs. Is there anyone in the same situation, please help me?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Pubic hairs aim to help protect the vagina from becoming infected. Shaving them all can put you at risk for yeast infections and many other vaginal conditions. So, if you shave your pubic hairs, then you should avoid wearing underwear most of the time to allow for good air flow to the pubic area. And, try not wearing underwear to bed and limit underwear use in the day. You should also wear cotton underwear instead of any synthetic fabrics. For yeast infections, you need to get treatment immediately. The condition can spread or even get worse if untreated. You may need to use Fugacil cream. It can help with skin redness, itchiness and irritation from yeast infections.
    • Posted

After shaving, I have been using everything from baby oil to deodorant, but these didn't help lessen the itching. I also use an aloe vera gel without seeing improvement. Maybe, I will try fugacil and not to shave again. Thanks for your suggestion.

• Posted

Perhaps try Canesten? I am experiecing this as well. Is your discharge white/creamy?
    • Posted

Thank you. My yeast infection has cleared for some time. I used Fugacil cream and it gave me relief from yeast symptoms immediately. Continued applications for a few more days and the yeast have not returned. But recently, I notice some white thick discharge after my period and I don't experience any other symptom. I don't think it's a yeast infection. I exclude this because it doesn't look like the previous symptoms. So, what could it be?  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.