Yeast Infection Help

Posted , 12 users are following.

So this all started about two months when I got a UTI, and I was prescribed ten days of antibiotics.  Half way through the antibiotics, I started getting signs of a yeast infection-itching, redness, burning when I urinated.  I called the doctor, and they told me to use some over the counter cream, which I did.  

My UTI cleared up and my yeast infection symptoms went away for about two weeks.  Then on a Sunday night, I started to have this horrible pain in my abdomen.  It was so bad I was crying, so sister made me go to the ER.  At the ER, they diagnosed with another UTI and gave me antibiotics for ten days.  Once again, during the course of the treatment I got another yeast infection.  Having been unhappy with the service of the first doctor, I went to OGBYN, where they tested me for UTI, STIs, pregnancy, and yeast infection.  I tested negative for everything but yeast.  She told me the yeast wasn't very high so just use the OC Monistast 3 day which I did.  

After starting the treatment my symptoms got better and stayed that way for a week or so and then they came. So I made another appointment.  During the four days I waited for my appointment, my symptoms came and went.  There was severe itching, redness, soreness and pain in the vagina, lots of pressure in the abdomen, and digestive issues.  

At the doctors I was diagnosed with a yeast injection again-3rd one in about two months.  She prescribed the oral medication fluconazole (150 mg).  This is my third day since I took that medication and my symptoms are pretty much the same.  

At this point, I am very frustrated.  I don't feel like any of these treatments are working.  I don't think it's normal to suddenly have three yeast infections.  I know it's the antibiotics that caused it as that's the only thing that's different in my life. 

I don't know how long I should wait to call and say the medication doesn't seem to be working.  Feeling sick for the last two months is negatively impacting my life.  

Any suggestions? Should I call the doctor now or wait? 

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Have you ever tried a natural remedy for this? Fugacil contains lots of antifungal properties like:

- Thyme

- Tea tree oil

- Lavender oil

- Astragalus

- Geranium

- Melissa

I think these can help to keep the yeast and fungus from reproducing and strengthen your immune system better.

• Posted

Your story is like mine just miserable for so long. Finally was determined when taking any antibiotics I also receive a prescription for diflucan.One diflucan taken the same time starting antibiotics prevent the yeast take over in the system. No more yeast infections. The anti biotics kills all the bacteria in the tummy including the good bacteria. Diflucan prevents the yeast over taking the gut. Also taking probiotics and eating yogurt helps.

My veterinarian even recommended probiotics and diflucan for my kitty when he was on antibiotics. All these years and never thought about my animals until recently it was brought up by the vet. It effects our furry friends too. 

• Posted

Hi Katherine!

Gosh sounds like you've been through a lot alright!!! have you concidered looking at alternative treatments? ie: natural treatment for the body to heal itself? ...a lot of people aren't aware  but there is so much other avenues you can take out there apart from 'conventional medicine for your problems. I follow 'Doc Axe' hes great a doctor and a natural healing doctor. Also another amazing one is 'Doc Joel WAllACH' (just google them. they will blow your mind once you  delve into their information they have to offer. Good luck! and best wishes. 

• Posted

The antibiotics have killed all the good bacteria. I haven’t had much success with probiotics but buying and anti candid product of amazon has been good as it reduces the fungus that causes the yeast infection. This with a healthy diet low in sugar helps a lot. I think I started off searching for prosucts similar to yeast raiders or something and ended up sith something else. 
  • Posted

Hi Kath, my wife was suffering from a chronic yeast infection for a number of months. Needless to say, it has affected our sex life. Apart from that, her general confidence and emotional state was on a downward spiral, which was the bigger issue at hand.

We have tried a number of doctors; medication and creams. If you have no side effects, perhaps it may clear up after a few months. For my wife, it didnt. She had some serious side effects of which she was not able to continue with medication. We turned to natural cures; and we found something quite effective, for her at least.

If you are keen to give it a go.. Hope it works for you. God bless and take care.

Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

• Posted

Hi Melvyn,

Can you please send me a private message on this site to let me know what helped your wife, as sadly they have taken your link off. 

Wishing your wife well. 

Take care. 😎

• Posted

Hiya! Please could you send me the links to the natural cures privately. I am having the same problem currently. Thanks smile
    • Posted

Can you please message me what worked for your wife? I am greatly affected by recurrent yeast infections sadly.

• Posted

when taking antibiotics, you need to strengthen your body. I recommend pickled cucumbers, milk, sauerkraut as a natural protection against yeast

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.