Yeast infection, herpes, bacterial vaginosis?!?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey y’all, so I’ve recently been diagnosed with a yeast infection. I was prescribed by my doctor diflucan 150mg (the single tablet). Prior my visit with the doc I had all symptoms of a yeast infection; itchiness, swelling, and nasty discharge. Typical, the day after the docs I noticed around my clit was EXTREMELY itchy and it’s burns like hell whenever I pee, like my actual vagina hole stings. I took the diflucan on Saturday and within 24 hours I had A LOT of discharge as well as severe itching and burning around the clit. Today I looked in the mirror and noticed there’s like 3 little bumps above the clit and a huge lump like near/on the clit. They sting whenever you touch them. There is also a bump on my labia minora closest to my vagina entrance and a small bump inside my vag. I also developed a random fever the night I took the diflucan and had chills and a headache which caused me to believe I have herpes! I’ve been trying to keep it very dry down there but it is nearly impossible due to the excessive discharge. I am freaking out, my partner claims he is clean we have been sleeping together for about 4 months and neither of us are seeing other people. I googled everything and I’m not sure if it’s a yeast infection, bv, and or herpes?!?!?! Can anyone else relate or give me some advice??? I have another appt Thursday to get checked out again and tested

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I'm so sorry that you had to go through all that! I have experienced the itchiness before, and I used some gynae mousse<< this one if you're wondering[/i], and it cleared it up. Just try to keep your mind off things for the moment and think positive. Feel free to contact me if you need any help! 

Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

• Posted

Having a lot of the same symptoms, except testing positive for bacterial and yeast, now for the second time in 3 months. Waiting on a culture to come back about herpes next week. What ever happened with your next appt?
    • Posted

Sorry for the late response but yep I was diagnosed with hsv-2 sad worst news of my life. Haven’t had an outbreak like the first one yet, I take daily anti-vitals but from time to time my vagina will itch like crazy. I go crazy thinking it’s the sores coming back but the medicine has been treating me well. What about you? Hopefully you tested negative for the herps because it truly is terrible having it.
    • Posted

They did the culture and the culture came back negative. I've read you can get a lot of false negatives with herpes though, but I am hoping that is not the case.

• Posted

It looks like genital herpes than anything else. As I knew, a vaginal yeast infection and bacterial vaginosis rarely cause sores or blisters. These only occur in severe cases where your infection becomes chronic or affected by another infection. Nasty discharge, swelling, itching, tingling and especially burning while urinating- those symptoms are usually caused by herpes. So, avoid having sex until you get it diagnosed and treated completely. Herpes and yeast infections are all contagious, they can be transmitted to others through sexual intercourse.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.