Yeast infection, LS, Herpes? Really struggling! Need some help and advice please!!!

Posted , 7 users are following.

what does this look like to you? Doctor did swab tests and said it was a yeast infection,took treatment and hasn't got better... do you think it is herpes?

help and advice please! I am really struggling!!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I can't really see anything but if it was swabbed I would think they tested for herpes?

• Posted

What makes you think it's herpes? Are you in pain? Maybe it's a persistent yeast infection if you tested positive for that. Are you experiencing an itch?

• Posted

NOT herpes, believe me if you had it you would know. The lab has to be told what to swab for so unless the Dr hasnt asked for that to be tested for it wont be. Please dont google as Herpes will come up every time and they your mind will just keep going over and over have I got it. I would try some fungal cream you havent said if it is itchy.

• Posted

thank you for all your advice! Its slightly itchy and sore! Been having symptoms for a long while. The reason i thought it was H is because it didnt clear up from thrush treatment! Obviously my mind went to the worse possibility

• Posted

Maybe I am off base but I don't see anything wrong. I wouldn't shave it any more. See if it calms down.

• Posted

eggbiscuit is right just stop shaving, does it really matter in the grand scheme of things to not. My legs itch when I shave them so maybe its that plus you can get ingrowing hairs there, It doesnt look white or shiney to me which is classic L S symptons. How about Yes moisturiser to calm it down its helped my L S tears.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.