YEAST INFECTION OR HERPES?

Posted , 4 users are following.

please help!!!

redness went away when i got my period and i had no typical herpes symptoms

2 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Edited

most likely yeast have u had any discharge or itching or pain? what makes u think its herpes with no sores etc?

• Posted

i had no discharge, i was very dry up until my period. also it was completely painless, i wouldnt have known anything was wrong until i checked. the redness is still there but barely, its as if my period healed it?

the red patches gradually appeared and i was afraid they could blister as i am sexually active. i only have anxiety and ocd over these things.

• Edited

most likely yeast or bv or just vaginal dryness. yeast can cause vaginal dryness altho strange u dont have discharge. i wouldnt think it is herpes especially considering red patches didnt blister or come of anything. dont worry, so r u back to normal now or still suffering and if so what symptoms do u currently have?

• Posted

thank you, your opinion on this has really helped! xx

well, theres still some redness present but nowhere near as bad as it was. i have my normal discharge again and everything seems fine. its as if my period has healed it, i read online that your period can help with a yeast infection? sometimes even get rid of it.

i went to my gyno last week and she did some swabs for sti's, etc. im still awaiting the results. idk if this is relevant but i have always suffered w

• Posted

with irregular and heavy periods and im very sensitive down there, so many it was an skin / allergic reaction? ill be sure to update the results once i get them

• Edited

good news!! got a call of my gyno and she told me it was a yeast infection! hopefully this will help anybody who sees this post!

• Posted

this is literally whats happening to me! i saw redness and yhought it was hsrpes and this made me feel so much better

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.