YEAST INFECTION OR SOMETHING ELSE?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi I have been dealing with Yeast infections about 4 months now ( that's what Gynos say I have) I have a lot of milky discharge (not as thick) the first time it gave me was tick as cottage cheese whit alot of tiny bumps but now is white and runny, LOTS of bumps and sometimes rash. The yeast is affecting me more from the outside I have tried many many ovules, pills, creams and nothing seems to help. I will go to another gyno and do pap smear to see if this is actually a yeast infection. Has someone experienced the same thing ? about the skin bumps or cracks? everytime it seems to get worse, If so please let me know which cream did you use to remove them. thank you in advance. (I DON'T think this is vestibular papillae because I NEVER had it before I was totally clear.) this happened one day to another

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Poor you, i know what it is like. I had persistent and repeated yeast infections for several months in 2013. Each time I got more and more sore, my skin was red raw and yes i had bumps and my skin got so fragile that it got little splits in it. I tried everything, including home remedies which actually increased the pain - never again! In the end the trauma of the repeated infections and the home remedies gave me vulvodynia which took me 1.5 years to cure. The problem with repeated yeast infections is that the skin can become allergic to it and reacts even worse that it used to. The consultant dermatologist I saw for my vulvodynia helped me conquer the yeast infections - 100mg oral fluconazole every day for 7 days. No creams or pessaries - such things will just aggravate the already raw skin. I found coconut oil soothing, it also has natural anti fungal properties. Then to stop the infections recurring i changed my diet. No sugar or yeast or alcohol for 2 weeks, then gradually introduce naturally occurring sugars (fruit). I still have no foods with added sugar and no alcohol because i found, even now, if i have those things i get an infection. Also you need to take natural anti yeast suppliments daily: garlic, cloves, cinnamon, thyme, rosemary, oregano oil, grapeseed extract, caprylic acid, pre and pro biotics. Doing all that, over the years, my yeast infections first reduced in frequency to every 4 months, then every 6, etc, until i couldnt remember when i has the last one. However, i recently started drinking alcohol again and, boom, i got an infection, so no alcohol for me!

In those first 2 weeks you may experience the symptoms of yeast die off (as the yeast dies in your body, releases toxins), to help with this you need to take milk thistle.

I still take all the suppliments, no alcohol and only naturally occurring sugar (no added sugar). I do not want to go through the experience of getting vulvodynia again. So,it is important for you to nip these infections in the bud asap.

• Posted

thank you so much for replying! I will follow the medication and diet and Hopefully i get rid of this infection it is really affecting and depressing me;( I don't drink alcohol at all, and I haven't try any home remedies but eating raw garlic every day which didn't seem to help, but I am thankful you answered, will follow everything you said!

• Posted

you need much stronger garlic in tablet form.

• Posted

i got one suppliment wrong - its not grape seed extract but grapefruit seed extract.

• Posted

oh yes, and drink lemon verbena tea and pau darko tea

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.