YEAST INFECTION OR STD? PLEASE HELP!

Posted , 2 users are following.

PLEASE HELP. hi everyone. so i've been experiencing vaginal itch for a month now. i went to a clinic and they gave me hydrocortizone cream, the itching got better but it's still there. so after two weeks, it was a very small change so i decided to go to a obgyn. she didn't see the area but she diagnosed me with Fungal Infection. she gave me Flucanozole (Funzela) 150mg one dose, 3 Virlix, once a day for 3 days, and she changed my cream to Candibec, and Gynepro feminine wash. after a week it was better but the itch is still there, only mild. i went back and she still didn't check the area. she gave me another Funzela. i still feel the same. is it normal to have yeast infection this long? also, i can see/feel soft, tiny bumps under the opening of my vagina. i'm a virgin (no penetration) but experienced genital rubbing. my bf is also a virgin so it couldn't be warts/std right? i also have white discharge in/over my opening. please help!!!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

yeast infections can be very severe and last for a while, but you need to just self examine yourself and see if you see anything like cuts or yeast bumps because that can cause itching as well. I Know when I had a yeast infection I Itched so much that I caused tears which made the itchiness last longer, but once all that healed, everything went back to normal.

• Posted

is it normal for it to last for more than a month despite treatment? i'm a bit confused on my situation as to why it won't heal or why the meds can't kill the fungi cause the itching is mild and sometimes it won't even itch for hours. my discharge is white/cloudy/milky and it's not a lot that it spreads all over the vaginal lips, it just covers my opening. also, are there really bumps under the vaginal opening? are they normal? i have to go back to the doctor if this won't heal and i can't afford it anymore. i want this to stop so bad so i won't waste too much money on check ups and meds.

• Posted

Have you tried Diflucan, its a single pill, but when I Had my terrible yeast infection, I Asked for two & took them 3 days apart. many ppl deal with crazy yeast infections and sometimes it takes more to get rid of them. just go back to the doctors and tell them to actually examine you to see what's going on & tell them nothing is working bc they might be misdiagnosing you, you might have Bv

• Posted

& the bumps are probably VP or fordyce spots which are both normal

• Posted

i only tried Funzela, i had two, taken a week apart, idk if we have Diflucan in the Philippines tho. i was asked for a blood test, if ever my sugar is high and that's was causing it so i'm trying to save money so i could go back to the doctor.

the bumps are pink, really small and kinda soft.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.