YEAst infection question

Posted , 4 users are following.

friday i woke up with symptoms of a possibke yeast infection. saturday evening i took monistat 1. monday rolls around and it wasnt getting any better. my doc called in diflucan which i took monday night. i feel better but im still getting discharge - not sure if its stilll the monistat? slight itching too. should i give it more time?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

it takes about a week to clear up sometimes longer depending on the severity if u only started meds recently give it more time

• Posted

Hi did the gp also tell you to keep of sugar and foods with yeast in as well, plus dont use perfumed shower gel or soap to wash the area either. Wear cotton under wear pant liners if you use them, make sure they have no chemicals in them either as all irritates. Look for natural ones such as natra care. If your sexually active make sure your partner wears a condom as this can be passed back and forth between partners as well but men dont seem to get the same symptoms as us, at least my hubby never complained. Gp told me he was probably passing it back to me. Had years of the wretched thing before i realised.

Sue

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.