Yeast Infection Sore?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi,

I had bacterial vaginosis after having a hysterectomy and had to be put on an antibiotic. At the same time, I had to be out on another antibiotic for strep throat. I developed a really bad yeast infection being on two antibiotics at the same time and the doc prescribed Diflucan. I took it and the next day went ahead and got Monistat as well. Used the vaginal suppository as well as the external cream outside on my labia. The next morning, the itch was a tad better, but not all of the way gone. (This was a bad yeast infection. I waited too long to do something about it.)

The labia was also very sore the next day after using the Monistat cream. It felt like the cream burned it. That was two days ago and I am still a bit itchy, and it hurts. I looked and noticed this bump. I freaked out and looked online to see if yeast infections can cause sores and found they can.

I am just scared that it is not from a yeast infection. I am curious how long it will take to go away. I have not used the external Monistat cream on it again since the first night because I am worried it will cause more issues.

Thank you all who reply letting me know your thoughts.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.