Yeast infection update (I think it might be an std)

Posted , 4 users are following.

imageimageimage

so i went to the doctors and they said i had a yeast infection this was about a week and a half two weeks ago they gave me a two week prescription of diflucan but i still have bumps and its still a little irritated the swelling went down and the discharge isnt as bad but its still kinda bad im probably gonna get tested and i think there might be a smell

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Edited

it is a vaginal candidiasis with a slight vulvovaginitis ... don't worry to much

best regards

• Posted

and should i go to an actual obgyn to get this handled or do you know what i should do

• Posted

There are so many causes(Antibiotics, pregnancy, excessive or improper personal hygiene) of vaginal thrush...

I would try Canesten Gyn(suppository) or something else from your pharmacy... You can also use the Antifungal creme for the external rush...

If it doesn't get better after 4 weeks i would go to a dermatologist, for an prescribe a Cortisone/antifungal treatment...

• Posted

hey hun , i cant help but notice the ulcer forming in the first picture . also on your inner lips there is some crater like apperances , i have a good eye for herpes and i think this could be the start of an outbreak for you but its not the end of the world!. please keep us updated if anything changes xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.