Yeast infections

Posted , 7 users are following.

I was wondering if anyone of you have been having yeast infections while going through menapause.  I've had it for 4 mnths non stop ive had 5 treatments and it won't go away.  Please help. 

Rose

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Not something i suffer with and the main reason why is i take a concentrated garlic tablet every day.  also good for headaches etc and a good all round antiviral .. You need the high does tablet version not the oil capsule one.
  • Posted

I am going through perimenopause and YES....I have had more than my share of the lately.  I have started taking a pro-biotic and that has helped me tons
    • Posted

Promote healthy digestive tract and a healthy immune system. They are also good bacteria, which is what stops yeast infections
    • Posted

Im going to see the doc first and see what he says it is so annoying 
  • Posted

Hi Rose have you had had it diagnosed by your doctor because it could be something else I was being treated for thrush for years itching soreness but it wasn't thrush I've seen a dermatologist after years of this problem and I have a condition called linchen planus o don't want to frighten you but this if left untreated can tune. To cancer it can anyway so please if you haven't seen your doctor go and get it checked out if your doctor doesn't know what you have ask to be sent to a dermatologist or gynecologist 

• Posted

Ok thank you for letting me know.  I have a appt next thursday with my doctor. For me its just very itchy and burns when i urinate no discharge at all.  It doesn't  feel like it comes from the inside. Very uncomfortable specially when i'm sitting at work all day i don't know what to do with myself.  Glad your ok.  Thanks again. 

• Posted

Yes I get the same symptoms as you best of luck let us know how you get on but don't let them Fob you off with it's just a yeast infection 

• Posted

Hi Rose!

Yes!!! I started in July, went through a solid month of being treated for yeast, then BV then yeast and start all over. Finally was diagnosed with dryness and atrophy. I was started on Estrace Cream and within a week my pH was back to normal and all my yeast infection symptoms disappeared. It could be a dryness issue messing with your pH and causing the problems...

Good luck and keep us posted!

• Posted

Hopefully the doctors will be smart enough to figure it out.  Did you have to go see a gynocologist ?
    • Posted

The first time was on a Saturday, woke up miserable, so I went to Urgent Care. The second and third week I went to my GP, on the 4th week I demanded a referral to a gyno, took 2 visits with her to get to the bottom of it. I will now see her every few months from now on to keep tabs on the AV, I'm also going to pelvic floor physical therapy. I feel pretty much back to normal since starting the hormone cream. The other meno symptoms are getting ridiculous!

• Posted

My only saving grace is I had a hysto 16 yrs ago, kept my ovaries, but I don't have that pesky period to deal with. But, since I don't have a period I have no clue where I'm at in this process. Technically I've been post meno for 15 yrs bc of the absence of my monthly. I went through hot flashes and night sweats 5 yrs ago, I thought I was done. Boy was I wrong!

• Posted

Me too around that time i wonder if it made it worse.  I never thought i'd have so many symptoms of menapause ugh!!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.