Yeast infections and treatment

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have just been told I have thrush and the doctor has prescribed me caneston .., not my usual doctor. As I have 'yeast fungal' infections between my toes also I'm thinking as well as cream a tablet should be provided. Fluconazole is the one I have fond in my research. Any thoughts please as I am about to go over and kick butt yet again

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lisa, Canesten [Clotrimazole] cream is ok for any patch of Thrush/Candidiasis.  You don't want to take Fluconazole unless you have to, especially when you are already on MTX.  Fluconazole damages your liver.

• Posted

You lovely lady 😊 I managed to kick butt and my new doctor phoned straight back and said exactly what you said about fluconazole but as I have a feeling it could be in my mouth too has prescribed Nystatin as well as the creams 😊😊☀️☀️ Xxxx
    • Posted

I had forgotten about Nystan, it never did much for me!   I am fortunate that I only have oral thrush and I use Corsodyl mouthwash alongside the Fluconazole, to try to keep on top of it.  My Hygienist suggested using Corsodyl Daily because it doesn't stain your teeth like the ordinary Corsodyl.
    • Posted

I can get some Corsodyl Thursday when I go out. Thank you.... Providing I am not a complete yeast ball by then. I could walk past a bakery and make bread rise I swear! 🙊🙊😂😂☀️☀️ Xxxx
  • Posted

Hello Lisa,  I agree completely with mrsmop as you can use the cream on your tootsies too!  Always something.......
    • Posted

Thanks Maggie 😊 as you will see from my reply to Mrs Mop I have now been prescribed a Nystatin along with the cream as I suspect it is in my mouth too. He also said if no improvement in a few days he will take a mouth swab.... You ladies are great! Thank you 😊😊☀️

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.