Yeast overgrowth help!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am on constant antibiotics and am suffering from a severe yeast infection now, my mouth is so sore that it hurts to chew my food. Has anyone got any ideas on how I can get rid of this naturally please.

2 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi sam6990, sorry to hear you are suffering. To me, it sounds like you really need medication in the form of an antifungal mouthwash or an antifungal gel that is suitable for oral use. Talk to your GP, dentist or pharmacist.

Yeasts occur naturally in the flora of our oral cavity.  They are kept in check by bacteria. To restore some balance between bacteria and yeasts it would help to eat yoghurt or kefir containing live lactobacillus strains. This will also help repopulate your gut with beneficial bacteria.     

• Posted

Mints and menthol lozenges helps. I just got thru oral thrush three weeks. 

Sometimes I use mint leaves from the garden works well for me. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.