Yeh...drove again after almost 8 weeks...

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have always driven a manual car......this has been a real disadvantage not having an automatic, after having my left foot done. Organising lifts for my kids and myself all this time. My physio last week said as long as I was only pushing,the clutch with the ball of my foot I couldn't do any damage.  He was right once again.....although my foot is still swollen and uncomfortable, driving makes it no worse than walking a bit of a distance .......really appreciate this independence after not.  This has certainly taught my patience like nothing else...

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

congratulations! That must have felt fantastic after 2 months of depending on others for rides.

I'm encouraged to hear of your success as I also have a manual car and had a bunionectomy on my leftfoot almost 7 weeks ago. I'm hoping I'll be able to drive next week - oh, to have that freedom again soon :-)

• Posted

It does feel a bit strange, and just be sure to only use the ball of your foot...mine is still swollen but it works.
  • Posted

Well I overdid it didn't i.......drove last week short trips ok. Then I had to drive my girls to baseball last Friday night in peak hour ...we live in Sydney so serious traffic. Too much ...my foot is ok but has been aching and the pins and needles go almost  up to my knee instead of just my foot. Damn that clutch pedal....
  • Posted

Aw, I'm sorry to hear you are having pain. Not like you could have turned back though!

I'm 7 weeks post-Chevron and tried the clutch last Wed. NO WAY could I have driven then - ouch. Tried again today (Sat) and although I didn't turn the car on, it didn't hurt so am very encouraged. I would not have tried if you hadn't posted that you were driving, so thanks again!

Hope tomorrow is a better day for you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.