yellow/brown mucus on stool now! tmi, i feel reckless ignoring this :(

Posted , 3 users are following.

Ok, So back again sad As the title suggests I'm feeling quite reckless ignoring this should i got back to the doctor also Can't stop googling at the minute either sad 

I can't win at the moment sad Ok I think i might need to wait for that bigger urge aswell before trying to go I do with pressure sometimes, maybe it's my anxiety saying I need to go when i really don't. 

Anyhow I got back from work ate done all that had a shower went did a bit again and on it there was a bit of darker brown I wiped it with the tp and it is yellow/ brown mucus is this common with ibs! I thought oh no blood! and freaked out.

After that I've been on my computer drinking water been drinking loads recently, Had some wet gas went to the toilet and just passed a bit of yellow mucus on it's own. After another bottle of water went again done a bit more normal stool again quite big how much is there up there?!

When it says more frequent stools I'm guessing that would be looser or brighter colour as it's moving quicker? these ones I'm doing are normal brown/ darker brown do you reckon there's just some sitting up there and when i drink etc they finally make their way out? Is that possible or what?

Looking back my bowel habits used to be go once a day be done maybe twice but rarely after my morning coffee it's been like that i think maybe once in this 3 going on 4 months now sad 

But yeah i need to wait for that bigger urge most definitely but atm I'm so over whelmed I can't even think straight and I feel reckless for ignoring it sad.

Tommorow going to try and kick this get up earlier, eat at the right times, drink allot and try and get out allot more I think 

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Oh also for 2 months or so this has gone now I used to wake up with an urge in the morning and go and it was much smaller bits then, then in the day It felt like there was something really big to come out felt horrible. Haven't had that again for over a month now thank god

• Posted

All I know is anxiety can play havoc on your bowels/digestive system. So could be simply anxiety.

If it is ibs, what would be so wrong with that? It is not life threatening and very common with anxiety! I'm sure this would lessen as soon as your anxiety does!

• Posted

Yeah you're probably right, I've had issues with my stomach cramps etc over 8 years

• Posted

It's so common with anxiety and when you focus on it; it's so much worse! An example my nan was once telling me about how bad this disease could be and by me worrying about it, I actually created the symptoms, how scary is that!

• Posted

I have ibs and a symptom is mucous in your stool. If it is getting better I wouldn't worry about it.

• Posted

That's the scary thing I don't know if it is sad Id say I'm sort of going more but I just can't stop worrying sad all the time I just keep worrying 24/7

• Posted

This is my experience. I had mucous in my stool so I worried constantly. Anxiety gets your adrenaline going which causes intestinal issues. Read about the symptoms of health anxiety. If your stool is yellow that means waste isn't in your system as long as it should be. The longer it's in there the darker it gets. Adrenaline will push waste through your system fast. So the mucous could be a symptom of ibs but the anxiety is fueling the fire so to speak. Have you read about health anxiety? It helps me when I am worrying.

• Posted

I have before yes, Not a very detailed bit though. So when it says going more frequently as I'm terrified it's colon cancer or rectal does that mean having a big urge to go. It's not that just pressure at times. It's not like i neeed to go now! sort of urge and would it be looser? 

Also my symptoms do settle when I'm in bed/asleep well atm anyway and usually get my 8 hours

• Posted

My friend has colon cancer and he didn't go to the bathroom for weeks! The lump creates a blockage. I know it's hard to stop worrying. Right now my stomach hurts and my mind is all over the place so I know the feeling. I like to eat and I don't feel like eating so I am freaking out about it. ??

• Posted

sad sorry to hear that, that really sucks wishing them the best 

• Posted

Thank you. Health anxiety is a beast! I really hope you feel better. I know it's hard....

• Posted

I thought it can present as more frequent stools aswell unless that means diahrrhea 
    • Posted

Is your butt itchy from all this too? I would think it must. Why dont you see a gastroenterologist?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.