Yellow/green wound dressing - drainage? Is this normal?

Posted , 9 users are following.

The wound dressing seems to be getting a yellow and green coloring on it after day 6 of my operation. Has anyone else experienced this colour drainage etc on their wound dressing.?

the dressing is still completely dry, secure and sealed.

I tried to upload a picture but its says file to big.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Is the district nurse due, I had a visit after about 5 days, changed the dressing, she then came to take the clips out the following week.

• Posted

File image

this is the colour - should

i be concerned?

• Posted

Hiya...

Well my dressing was just the same colour as when it was put on, as said I would try get it checked out at the doctors, or maybe you could contact the ward you was in, I know when i left hospital 😁 they said if needed i could contact the ward any time for advice or help... keep us in touch..

Stay Safe & Stay Happy

Pete...

• Posted

Hiya,

Did ya get the your dressing checked out, 🤔

Hope all is well 👍

Stay Safe & Stay Happy

Pete...

• Posted

i would get it checked for an infection. MINE WEEPED but was red

• Posted

Possibly leaking serous fluid, but may be infected. If at all sore with puffy flesh around get it checked ASAP

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.