Yellow leaking from anus?

Posted , 22 users are following.

Sorry for the TMI.. but I'm a 20 year old female. I suffer with severe anxiety & got diagnosed with IBS. I've noticed recently there seems to be yellow leaking from my anus? It's not like a constant trickling out.. a few times a day it kinda feels like I'm passing gas but it's a tiny bit of this yellow stuff.. Whenever I wipe after going to the toilet there's always a lot of yellow on the toilet paper. However, my stools seem relatively 'normal' (ie: not yellow. Sometimes parts of it is pale though. I get c & d. Usually after being constipated for a few days I get d for a day) I've had this now for quite a few months.. Is this a normal symptom of IBS? I'm so worried it's something like cancer sad

2 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I hope you get to read this...I have IBS and developed this leaky condition and my dr suggested I follow the low FODMAP diet.  The leakage stopped immediately I began to restrict the foods on the list.  It has stopped the IBS symptoms too.   You can be referred to a dietitian but my dr did not so I joined a F/book support group.  If I can help further let me know....and good luck.  
    • Posted

Yes u may helo ive been siffering from this for bout a year now and the dr didnt seem to understsnd it as ot seems to be a verare thing to happen to people please help with all the info u can im exhausted
  • Posted

Good morning/afternoon,

I'm 16 and recently had my appendix removed, unfortunately it burst before they operated, the position of my appendix was, if i re call correctly touching the colon. After the op i could not carry out  bowel movements and was extremely constipated, now i'm having to go to the toilet every couple of hours when i'm awake and recently noticed the yellow liquid with a resemblance to mucus. I'm a relatively shy person and don't reallywant to discuss this in person with anybody, does anybody have an idea on what it could be?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.