Yellow light colour bowel motions

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had a US scan done last month which showed a 4mm gallbladder polyp, and a small cyst & hemangioma on my liver. The GI consultant said they were normal findings and nothing to worry about and he would see me again for another US scan in a year's time! I told him at the time I had bad backache, some stomach pains around middle of stomach and right side (more at evening/night which I'm sure wake me up sometimes?!) fatigue, nausea and occasional light headedness. He said it wasn't the gallbladder causing it but IBS ? but over the past couple of weeks I have noticed that my bowel motions are very pale yellow colour and the pains in my side have got a bit more painful, I am suffering with headaches and feel rather weak at times. Just wondered if anyone else has felt they are suffering the same symptoms with IBS or gallbladder? Or is it a liver problem? I wonder if this what having IBS is like? and I'm also wondering if I should ask for a second opinion as I don't feel I am being treated for my problems, or being taken seriously by the GI I have been referred to at the hospital and wonder what to do next. Thanks for taking the time to read this and for any help and advice 😃

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

i have the same on GB cysts on liver. my gastro insists on an US every 6 months.

• Posted

hey! so I've had these same issues over the past 2 years, as well as gallstones - are you a drinker? if so how much? ultrasound really would not be able to tell you a whole lot alone if it were your liver. I would go to your doc even if primary care and request some blood "AST AND ALT LEVELS" to be checked and possibly a contrast CT if you are worried it could be liver. I still have no answers and have been told its IBS - I also have right side pain off and on,.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.