Yellow scabs on forehead and cheeks

Posted , 3 users are following.

Every couple of months my skin starts to itch and a few days later yellow scabs will start to form on my cheeks and forehead. If the scabs come off the skin weeps until it scabs over again. If I wear makeup on top it makes it 100 times worse. I’ve had it on and off for three years now, I’ve been prescribed erythromycin a couple of times, the last time for 3 months which gets rid of it but it always comes back! I’ve also used erythromycin topical solution which helps a lot as it seems to dry it out. The doctors aren’t sure what it is, but the last time I went they thought it was mild acne but I’m not so sure, it’s not spots it looks more like a burn or a if you fall over a scrape your knee. Just wondering if anybody has the same thing and if so how they deal with it/how they got rid of it?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

HI this doesn't sound nice at all.  You need to ask for a referral to a dermatologist as they are the experts in skin conditions and they should be able to diagnose and treat you far better than general doctors.  Good luck with it.  x

• Posted

Hi Kate, I’m sorry you’re having such a time with your skin. I wonder if my all-natural organic facial oil would help? Please contact me and I can send you a sample.

Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.