Yellow spots beneath tonsils following tonsillitis

Posted , 4 users are following.

Towards the end of 2017 I had a pretty bad case of Tonsillitis. Red spots over roof of mouth, white spots towards the back and intense pain when I ate. I saw my GP, got some antibiotics and all the symptoms went away early January.

During all my poking, prodding and obsessing, I noticed some larger, yellower spots beneath my tonsils. They're so far down that I have open my mouth uncomfortably wide to see them. These spots haven't gone away yet and I'm freaking out about the fact they may even be getting bigger.

Through my obsession I'm poking, prodding and checking them with a torch all the time, which is undoubtedly causing the odd "lump" sensation when I swallow and odd aches in my neck from time to time. I feel a hard lump on both sides of my glands, but I'm 90% sure this was always there and I've just never noticed it until now.

I went to see my GP about them, a nurse looked down my throat and said it all looked fine and was just the colouration of my palette. But I got the distinct impression that she didn't see the lumps, just the yellowish skin in front of them.

Anyway, my question is whether it's normal to see these kind of yellow/grey spots beneath the tonsils, as every picture I've looked through on the internet seem to be on the tonsils above. I've attached the best image I've been able to take, although it's not the best.

I can't tell if they're tonsil stones, scars, blisters or something more sinister...

FYI: I'm a 28yo male, non-smoker who drinks alcohol occasionally.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Please excuse the spam. Accidental.
  • Posted

i have the exact same thing. I got tonsillitis dec 2016. took antibiotics but one tonsil remained swollen and now it has those yellow things, i think they are tonsillar abscess. I'm planning to get my tonsil out after i finish the antibiotics i am taking now if i don't get better

• Posted

Hi,

I have also the same blisters at same place. I have consulter multiple ENT surgeons and they are saying it is because of allergy. My blisters is now black and smells bad.

Have you got any solution?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.