Yellow stool!

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've had treatment for h pylori (antibiotics now all clear)been on lansoprazole (60mg 2weeks then 30mg 2 weeks)as endoscopy showed healing erosions seem to have permanent yellow stool not loose but soft for a couple if months prior to lansoprazole did 6 weeks omperazole is this normal? still unable to eat certain food (onions tomatoes chocolate pasta advacardo) as get pain and bloating with niggles under left and right rib any suggestions please

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Edited

1. take your time to recover.
    2. soft stool is the best.... check charts how yellow it is.

i say anxiety is not helping... eat bland and avoid foods you mentioned. you may not eat them ever. depends your body

take care

• Edited

Thanks for your reply your right am getting over a bit anxiety (helped by starting HRT!) Just want to be normal with food again!!

• Posted

This is what you see from a search on yellow stool.

Yellow stool may be caused by conditions that decrease the amount of bile salts reaching the intestines including: ... Cancer or tumors of the liver, the bile ducts, the gallbladder, or the pancreas. Gallstones. Hepatitis (liver infection or inflammation)

This is not meant to scare you, if your eyes turn yellow then maybe a liver issue, and more urgent, but I would maybe check the gallbladder if it doesn't clear up, maybe the meds are causing it as well, Ask your doc if the medication could be causing the color change and it may go back to normal after the treatment. Try and stay calm, reach out to your doctor and tell them your issue and request call back. Most likely it isn't a major issue, and can be explained very simply. If it was major you would be having other symptoms I would think, like yellow eyes and skin etc...so just stay calm and ask your doc. THey may want to do a liver enzyme test to make sure you are tolerating the medication ok, again, stay calm, most likely just the healing process, but do reach out. 😃...

• Posted

Thanks for reply had blood work 6 weeks ago and all normal got a call with doc on 30th

So hopefully put mind at rest do think might be a dysfunctional gallbladder but will see what he says with all going on at the moment in the world i feel i need to get a grip and try to calm my anxiety 🙄

• Posted

yes, I also suffer from anxiety and I have an excellent progressive relaxation cd for night time which also send messages tot he brain to relax and not worry, it took me a long time to find just the right one, and it lasts for awhile, not over in 15 min. Usually I am asleep by the time it ends. I can tell you the name if interested. So I get that, watch TV show that take your mind off of things, and go for walks or exercise if you can, it uses up nervous energy and makes us feel calmer inside as well. Eat foods that are heavy, but not bad for you, like oatmeal. Can add a bit of fruit. I am pleased the doc called you back and has made you feel a bit more calmer, at least you know he is following it all and it on it. At your appt ask for the hida test for the gallbladder and not just an ultra c=sound. The hida test, tests the functioning of it, not just for gall stones. Good luck !!!

• Posted

ALso I am seeing now that you are waiting for the docs call, sorry thought they had already called....if you are super worried you can call their office and tell them you would like a call back, but I think if it was really serious you would hear back asap. And of course he may not know yet. ok, hang in there !

• Posted

Me again, one more thing, we pretty much know all we need to know as far as how to stay safe from the virus, so my advice is turn the channel, don't watch the news, watch funny movies and other good shows you like. The news just stirs anxiety. Social distancing, and washing hands etc...we got this. !

• Posted

will find it difficult to switch off as am a frontline worker in the emergency department! But will try some headspace meditation. Many thanks for your advice so appreciated 😁

• Posted

Wow, that is a very stressful job, bless you for helping those in need !!. when the news is on or you are feeling stressed or anxious, take some deep breaths through your nose, not your mouth, then exhale slowly, do this about 10 times and do it slowly if you can, do it in the bathroom , at a desk where ever you are. and see if it helps. I hope so deep breathing can be very helpful in stressful situations which you def are in. As long as you breath in through your nose, you can do it longer if needed. As you know taking deep breaths through your mouth will hyperventilate you, you can also do it with patients for both of you..hang in there till you appt date. 😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.