Yellow stool

Posted , 7 users are following.

is yellow loose stools common with gallbladder ??

mines really smelly and always yellow and i feel bloated all the time does anyone else get this ?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

If you have had your gallbladder removed like I have then yes I do have persistent yellow stool, continuous bloating and very ill ever since removal. I do also have severe ibs and my Dr. says the removal of the gb has exacerbated my ibs.

• Posted

No. Dr. said ibs, food coloring in meds, rapid transit of stools, bile from gallbladder or liver not able to add pigment to stool or pancreas problems can be an individual cause.

• Posted

yes i have had mine removed and intermittent yellow stools together with bloating and feel nauseous since then. i have ibs-d also. dr doesnt seem to be able to do much about it but refer for more tests which i dont want. so i guess im stuck with these symptoms, which were not bad before it was taken out. one of the unlucky ones.

• Posted

One of many unlucky ones. There are many more people suffering with this syndrome than one realizes. I have never been so sick in my life. When I got gastritis doctors didn't know. Tests were done with me still on Aciphex so I think that whole endoscopy was a waste because nothing is accurate if on medicine

I too have had it with all the tests and all the false results. I get too sick each time and it is always the same "could be" answers but no positive ones. Had enough. Too sick for any more tests.

• Posted

yes, i quite agree. i am at the end of my tether with all the problems the gallbladder removal has caused me. i wish the drs who administer this op would get these symptoms and they might realise how they make people suffer. because of this i cannot live a normal life, can you? Doing things like meals with friends are nogo and im now suffering from depression with it all.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.