Yellow stool from PPI

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello! For three days I've been taking 40 mg pantoprazole twice a day and Gaviscon chewable tablets three to four times a day, two tablets each. I started with it because I got the recommendation six months ago. Since the symptoms got better at that time, I didn't take the medication. But now I read about silent reflux and barretoesophagus and I was very scared. There was no worsening of the symptoms. A gastroscopy was done yesterday, which showed only slight redness, no acute inflammation or erosive redness. Now to the actual problem: I have the feeling that the chair has become lighter. I'm pretty sure that for now has started now. Yesterday I took the pantoprazole only once. More often more than an hour before eating. So the Gaviscon by the way. Can the chair come from there? Is it yellow at all? I would attach a photo.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.