Yellow stools

Posted , 7 users are following.

ive always got yellow stools ive had stool checked colonoscopy and still nothing.

its always yellow with mucus also sometimes and smells really bad ?

ive had blood tests done and an ultrasound of gallbladder anyone have or had similar ?

i dont eat much only dinner as ive got no appetite anymore.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

ive had the same for about 9 months now.

Been through numerous tests like CT SCAN, Ultrasound, Blood Tests, Endoscopy, Colonoscopy, Feceal elastace tests. Nothing so far has shown up other than i had a high amount of feceal fat causing Malabsorbation.

Doctors wont pursue it now and I am left with the yellow stools and uncomfortable stomach.

• Posted

I have yellow stools for 3 months now. Had gallbladder surgery 1 year ago. Have severe ibs and went downhill ever since. Weight loss and terrible trapped gas, bloating, bad stomach pain, cramping, constipation and loose stools.

• Posted

Are you having diarrhoea? If your food is going through you too fast, it can cause yellow stools because the bile hasn't had time to process properly and turn your stools brown. Have you tried a food diary and have you had a HIDA scan to check gallbladder function? Has IBS been mentioned since it can cause mucus and yellow stools?

• Posted

my dr said he thinks its ibs but i just dont understand why its alwayd so mucusy and yellow ..

its very soft and greasy occasionally it is hard but bot thst often..

i suffer very bad health anxiety and depression

• Posted

Yellow stools can result from food moving through you too fast and so the bile doesn't get a chance to turn your stools brown. You can get this symptom with IBS along with mucus. Try to avoid fatty foods since it looks like you are not absorbing fats well. Try not to focus on why you have these symptoms because doing that will make you stress about it more. If your doctor thinks you have IBS, accept what he is saying if he has ruled out everything else.

What helped me was not thinking about my IBS and this put my symptoms into remission. Anxiety and depression can cause IBS and make existing IBS worse. Try to reduce your water intake because water softens stools and taking so much water could be contributing to your bowel habit change. I would say one glass of water a day is plenty. Three litres of water daily sounds too much. Remember, everything in moderation.

Ask your doctor if you need a HIDA scan. However, if he has not offered one, he may feel your symptoms don't warrant it.

• Posted

all ive had is and ultrasound on gallbladder

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.