Yellow stools

Posted , 7 users are following.

no matter what i do my stool is always yellow

and a lot of and time has mucus in it and smells terrible.

can anyone else relate ?

or am i all alone ?

ive had colonoscopy which came back normal

my dr hasnt said i have ibs but says that i probably do but i dont understand why my stool has been constantly yellow for the past year and a half..

please help

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

same problem... i have anxiety and depression and for a long time i have it off and on... sometimes its normal and also im either constipated or loose stools and theyre always light colored or yellow .. i never got a colonoscopy they just tested my stools and all normal

• Posted

4 months and Doctors have no answer. Possible color of meds, ibs, bile not able to add brown pigment due to post gallbladder surgery. Pancreatitis was ruled out.

• Posted

Try a food diary or The Low Fodmap diet to identify what foods may not be digesting properly and are moving through you too fast. When you are are worrying, this can cause loose stools or diarrhoea and when this happens, the bile doesn't get a chance to turn your stools brown. This is very common with IBS. Try to relax.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.