Yellow tounge

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have had a yellow tounge only at the back of my tounge and not painful at all. It looks furry. My throat is a bit red to but painless. I do have post nasal drip from LPR. And I do smoke so not sure if it's from smoking.

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Yeast infection? See more info online for pics and medications to help .
    • Posted

Thanks! I thought that at first to. I don't think it's a yeast infection though. It doesn't look like the pictures, and it doesn't have bumps or painful. I have to see my doctor but on vacation right now

• Posted

Have you tried a chlorhexidine mouthwash?  If it is thrush, which it could be, that will help
    • Posted

You can buy it over the counter.  The generic one is cheaper, otherwise you can buy a branded version, Corsodyl mouthwash

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.