Yellow watery liquid running from only left nostril when i lean forward

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone. I am 23 years old, and occasionally some weird bright yellow transparent liquid  similar to water (only difference is it is yellow) is coming from my left nostril. It feels like nosebleed. Liquid has no smell, no taste, and it start draining after i lean forward. It first time happened to me 8 months ago. It was draining 2-3 times per day, for few seconds or minutes. That lasted for 2-3 weeks when it completely stopped. Now it is happening again. Everything i find on the internet is about CSF leakage, and it is freaking me out. Does people with CSF leakage have leakings every day? Because i didn't have it for few months, and i hope it has nothing to do with CSF. I mentioned it to my doctor, she just said "you have running nose, no big deal" and didn't even see how it looks like, so visiting doctor again wouldn't help. Also i have some cyst above teeth from that side, i got it after root canal procedure, so i thought it could be because of it? Last night when it happened it was more than just few drops, and i was outside in a walk 30 minutes before it happened, so was hoping its because of change of temperature (outside was colder)?

Please give me some advice, what should i do? I really hope symptomes of CSF leaking are different

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I have had the same occassionally and it was Polyps, I did have them removed but they can come back again.  They can burst when you least expect them to and you have no control over the flow of it.  Go and see your GP and get it checked out. Hope you get some relief.
    • Posted

Thank you very much to your answer. Did you also have yellow liquid draining when you lean forward or want to pick up some from floor? 

Can i rule out those CSF leakage? and stop worrying about it?

• Posted

Hi

Yes it did. It doesn't hurt when it happens just takes you by surprise, please see a GP as if it is Polyps they can grow sometimes if not treated.

Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.