Yellowish light brown Stool, I'm still confused and concern. Please Help!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Male 37 years old

I had an endoscopy about two and a half week ago I was diagnosed with GERD , a little Heital Hernia, Duodenitis without bleeding and a Decreased Peristalsis in the Stomach suggestive of Gastroparesis. They also took me some biopsies but now I'm wating for the results in 2 week. The Dr. put me on Nexium 40mg and a diet with out triggers (spicy, graesy food etc)

I quit the Nexium 2 weeks ago as I started to have "yellowish light brown stools" Mustardy colored Stools and I got very scared.

A couple of Days ago I was having my stools more darker colour, "almost normal" more brownish but after 3 days It came back to the Yellowish colour.

This past tuesday I had like 7 bowel movements with yellowish colour and I went to the ER I had a Blood Test including a Amylase and Lipase Test and a Fecal Leukocyte test and occult blood in stool test. All the test came back normal. Dr. says I'm ok. On late

November I had a CBC Blood work too that include Bilirubin ALT and AST and came back normal.

But I still don't know why I'm having this light colored on my stools NOT white or gray just Mustardy Light Brown colored. I'm very scared . Afraid that this could be something worse like pancreatic cancer.

I don't have other symptoms no pain, no yellow skin, no yellow eyes, no itching. I have lost about 5 pounds on the last weeks but I wanted to think is because I quit junk food since I'm trying to be on a clean diet (Fish, Chicken a Veggies) cause my GERD dx and I'm I lot of anxiety and I read that you can loose weight when your have Anxiety.

The only thing I have is stress and anxiety. I read that anxiety can cause yellow stools too. BUT Dr Google don't help that much.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

hi sorry your going through this i hope you find out whats going on. i was having pain awile back under my left side rib cage it would every time i would eat i have GERD and IBS so i dont know which one its coming from now i started to burning pain in my Esophagus it hurts so bad to eat anything so i havent really eat anything but mashed potatoes and smashed beans after i ate my stool was a grayish white color im freaking out cause they say it could be bile duct that is blocked or cancer but i had alot of stool test about 2 months ago and were fine and also a ulter sound and it came back fine and been to the hospital and bloot test done and normal i dont get whats going on with me im terrified i left messages with my doctors and nobody has called me back .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.