Yellowish Light Brown Stools! (Maybe GERD? Nexium? or other DX

Posted , 4 users are following.

Since month ago I been having a constant lump sensation on my throat that comes and go. I read It could be Gloubus Sensation" and the main causes are strees o GERD .

I had an endoscopy about two weeks ago I was diagnosed with GERD , a little Heital Hernia, Duodenitis without bleeding

and a Decreased Peristalsis in the Stomach suggestive of Gastroparesis. They also took me some biopsies but now I'm wating for the results in two weeks. The Dr. put me on Nexium 40mg and a diet with out triggers (spicy, graesy food etc)

I quit the Nexium a week ago as I started to have "yellowish light brown stools" and I got scared.

And that's my main worry now. They're not bright yellow like a bannana, is more like yellowish/Orange and sometimes light brown.

Now, dear old Dr. Google say it's liver disease, gallbladder disease or pancreas disease related. Infections or tumors.

However, some sites also mention GERD among other things causing fast transit times.

I don't have any other symptoms, no pain, no yellow skin, no yellow eyes. Just a little stress since I'm very concerned for my health and my next appointment is in 2 weeks.

So what can it be the cause of the Yellowish Stools? GERD? The Nexium? or any other of my recently DX?

Please Help me

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

The only problem i had with Nexium was it gave me the worlds most frightening nightmares and i had to stop taking them. when i start a new medicine and have any problems i ask my pharamacist if this is a known side effect & if so, should i continue or stop taking and call my doctor. the pharmacist is more familiar with side effects & mixing medicines than the doctor. Just call or go by, i'm sure they will know.

• Posted

sometimes yellow/light brown stools are normal maybe the NEXIUM fastened your intestinal transit so thats why they are a bit light. Sens you dont have any other symptoms I wouldnt worry. Observe for the next few days and if you are still worried contact your doctor

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.