Yellowish Semen.

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi. For about 2 months now, I’ve had a yellowish tint to my semen. It looks fine on skin but on something white like toilet paper it looks yellowish. Not like mustard yellow but kinda like beige a little. I think it could be a prostate infection but I thought it would be green. I do have pain in my Pubic mound and less urine comes out when I go the the bathroom, but I think my anxiety is making me overthink it. Any help is much appreciated. Thank you 

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I'm no semen expert, but I think that semen is SUPPOSED to be a pale shade of yellow.

Gary

• Posted

His beige does not sound right.

It should be what Procol Harum call a Whiter  Shade of Pale

• Posted

If you have a regular urologist call him on the phone and ask him.
  • Posted

I think it’s fair to say that you know if your own semen is a different shade to usual . It does sound like an infection or prostatitis. 
    • Posted

So I’ve heard yellow semen is found moslty with Chronic pelvic pain syndrome, is this true? 
    • Posted

Yeah and CPPS is non bacterial. I’m asking If yellow semen is moslty found in this. Since I have this for 2 months I can’t see how it’s acute so I’m guessing it’s chronic. Also I had a urine test and was told I had no sign of a UTI. Is this a good sign? 
    • Posted

Acute prostatitis is pretty nasty and you would be experiencing severe symptoms. It could be CPPS as your other symptom of pain/ discomfort in pubic mound is very typical of it . Most chronic prostatitis cases are non bacterial but it could also be chronic bacterial prostatitis which 6-8 weeks of AB’s will clear up . Best to see a URO asap though. 
    • Posted

Wouldnt Chronic bacterial start with an acute infection, and wouldn’t the urine test come back positive for bacteria? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.