Yes OB getting tacky and whitish and causing more irritation

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, I'm 35 and waiting for my definitive diagnosis via biopsy, but my gyn is almost 100% that I have LS. I have it mainly on my clit and a little bit in the minor labia, but the only region that is hurting or itching is the clitoris. I recently also got a PRP treatment to try and regenerate the area and she removed most of my clitoris adherences, but it still hurts tbh. I am still not being treated with steroids because she told me she wants to wait until the biopsy results arrive.

So, in the meantime, I was looking for methods to hydrate and reduce clothes/walking friction in my clit. After doing some research and reading some posts in this community, I tried Yes OB as a lubricant during my day to try and reduce friction. However, after three days using it I noticed a tacky white layer had formed on my clit, and is very difficult and painful to remove as it is already irritated from the LS. It also formed smegma-like spheres. I am suspecting that it might be due to the fact that it contains bee's wax among its ingredients, and maybe my pH or something is causing it to get tacky and white, but I am not sure. I haven't found anyone describing this problem with emollients/lubricants.

I am feeling already really sad and worried about the diagnosis and now I also feel like I can't find a good emollient/lubricant that works for me.

Has anyone experienced this problem? Which lubricants/emollients do you use around your clit area? Any tips would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I would use emu oil as a lubricant for every day movements in general. I've only heard of YES products being used for sex and even then, I still use emu oil.

• Posted

Thank you! I have read something about emu oil, but still have not tried it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.